Allergy to Latex

Latex allergy is a hypersensitivity to the naturally occurring protein found in rubber which may cause symptoms in people susceptible to it. Healthcare workers have a greater chance to develop latex allergy due to their repeated exposure. Other groups at an increased risk are those who have had multiple surgeries. The symptoms include:

difficulty breathing

dizziness

confusion

wheezing

nausea

vomiting

increased heart rate

If these symptoms are not dealt with, a person may experience loss of consciousness, and even death.

There are dental supplies which contain latex and our office has been proactive in reducing the exposure of latex by substituting non latex products when available. We use vinyl gloves, which, for most patients, is the largest single potential exposure point. Please let us know if you have ever experienced these symptoms in connection to latex and we will do our best to manage your environment to minimize your exposure! 

LATEX ALLERGY
Z
D
O
URICH
ENTAL
FFICE
Z
D
O
URICH
ENTAL
FFICE
DR. JULIE BARGIGLIONE
519-236-4341
Home   |
Staff   |
Gallery   |
Community   |
Generated by Pure CSS Menu.com : Free CSS Drop Down Menu Generator CSS Drop Down Menu by PureCSSMenu.com